The movement of freight including hazardous materials and passengers is an essential part of any country’s rail network. Railroads face both severe and frequent incidents and consequently insurance has allowed this industry to manage its risk. This risk may range from large property values with unique business interruption exposures to the potential for multiple claimants from a rail accident. Rail property and liability are some of the most challenging risks, but at Price Forbes & Partners we understand these risks and know how best to help manage them.
Price Forbes & Partners has an established reputation as innovators for rail industry risks. With many years experience in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia Price Forbes & Partners can provide advice and the required negotiating skills to best access the specialist markets that will consider these risks.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Class one
- Commuter rail districts / operators
- Light rail & bus systems
- Rail related construction - private crossings
- Regionals & short line holding companies
- All risks property, including extra expense
- Casualty, including FELA
- Railroad protective & force account
- Terrorism, both included or stand alone
- Trade disruption
- Wrap ups & rolling wraps for construction & maintenance